Fathers day, And Why I don't Celebrate it. (And other holidays)
I don't really celebrate a lot of holidays (Father's day included) and I'm going to mostly explain fathers day today.
***These are my opinions, and my stories. You don't have to feel the same way***
I don't celebrate it because, for me, it's glorifying sin and bad parenting.
Let me explain. A father is supposed to be someone who guides he's family through life in a loving and kind manor. Not only that, but in a christian family he should lead them in God's way. I didn't have that in my life. I had struggle and difficulty. I didn't have a loving father. So, I don't believe that I should appreciate someone who didn't love and care for their family. You shouldn't reward wrong doing.
There also was infidelity in my family that I don't agree with. I believe in monogamy and I stand by my mother side. You shouldn't expect rewards if you didn't do anything to gain them. You also shouldn't expect your wife to do everything. She is lesser, but equal. So treat her that way. She does a lot of hard work to nourish the family and make sure that everything is well, but that doesn't mean you get to do nothing in the house. No, it means you need to do more around the house to help her. And that's not what my mother got.
I don't like to care for the people who never cared for me.
This part is a little more personal for me.
I strongly believe that, once I am married, that I won't keep in touch with any of my family with the exception of my mother. So I really don't want to care right now. It's hard for me to look at the people that hurt me and care. It's something that I struggle with and I don't want friendly feelings with people.
That's all. short post today but at least it's one. Sorry again for the sad thoughts.
Comments
Post a Comment